Warrior diet is an unconventional diet that appeals to be an integral part of the human instincts and it’s characterized with the freedom of eating it has to offer . The warrior diet draws its ideas from the diet of the ancient warriors. The main principle is built around the idea of consuming food once a day – in the evening . There are almost no restrictions on the number of calories , or to the content of carbohydrates and fats.
Even though I am an Intermittent fasting fan, I don’t completely agree with every concept of the Warrior diet and I suggest a few changes which I have put at the end of the article.
The fasting phase
This stage lasts for much of the day – from the moment of waking up till 16h-18h in the evening and its duration depends on the individual adaptation to such a diet. During this period, drink plenty of fluids – water, caffeinated drinks (optional) , fresh fruit juices. Food includes fresh fruits and vegetables with low and medium glycemic index.
They are taken in moderate amounts in case of hunger. It is important to note that hunger is controlled and the goal is the purification of the body. When adapted to this mode, the body does not feel hungry and the person has increased mental and physical energy throughout the day. When using the diet, you should not reach a point where you feel major energy crashes or stomach pain .
What happens to your body while during the fasting phase ?
– Levels of insulin are dropping, which allows for more efficient utilization of body fat .
– At the same time, increase the levels of glucagon (a peptide hormone secreted by the pancreas that increases blood glucose levels) and growth hormone , which further accelerate the degradation of fat.
– The organism gets purified from toxins . Dead and cells are eliminated from the body.
– Small quantities of fruits and vegetables increase enzyme activity . Enzymes improve the absorption of food in the overeating phase.
– Concentration and overall performance of the nervous system is enhanced.
The overeating phase
It occurs when the body is prepared to fully absorb a large amount of food and it lasts for 4 hours. It is important to know how to overeat. The diet suggests eating in this particular order: