The group of fruits also includes avocadoes. This amazingly delicious fruit contains minerals, vitamins as well as plenty of nutrients like: vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin B5, potassium, vitamin E etc.
There are 3 grams of fiber, 6 grams of fat, less than 1 gram of sugar and 64 calories in 40 grams of avocado.
The high amounts of vitamin K improve our bone health and prevent osteoporosis. If we intake them regularly, we also intake folate which has been linked to the prevention of development of cervical, colon, pancreatic and stomach cancer, but also decreases the risk of miscarriage as well as defects of the neural tube. Avocados can regulate our sleep and mood, improve the process of weight loss and improve our digestion, prevent chronic diseases like obesity, heart disease, hypertension, coronary stroke, gastrointestinal diseases and diabetes, detoxify our body etc. The fruit is mostly popular because of its amazing taste and nutritional value. Its price has been increased by 25% for one year.
In order to save your money, and still enjoy the amazing benefits of these fruits, you should start growing your own avocados at home.
– First, clean the seed well. Take 4 toothpicks and stick them in it. They should be apart at equal distances.
– Put the seed with the toothpicks in a glass of water. The toothpicks should be about 1 inch soaked in water.
– The glass should be kept in a warm place that is exposed to direct sunlight.
– The stem should have grown about 6 inches in a period from 2 to 6 weeks. You’ll be able to notice its roots. Then, you should cut it to 3 inches. Wait for it to grow for 6 inches again. You’ll be able to see new leaves.
– The seed should be planted in a larger pot. Make a small hole in a soil that’s rich in nutrients. Make sure the pot is 10 cm in diameter and that it has small drainage hole on the bottom. Make sure you leave half of the seed exposed above the soil.
– The pot should stay in a sunny area. It should be watered frequently. If you’ve noticed the leaves are brown or dry, it means that the tree doesn’t have enough water. Leave your tap opened and let the water run through the rich soil for several minutes. If you notice the leaves became droop or yellow, make a break of several days.
– The first fruits will probably appear after several years, but then, you’ll be able to enjoy your own cheaper and healthier avocado with an abundance of health benefits!