If you want to lose weight without starving, then this 8-hour diet plan is just right for you. It will help you lose weight while eating anything you want! The secret is to eat for 8 hours and then to have a 16 hours of fasting. Although it might sound weird to you, it’s not difficult to follow.
David Zinczenko, the author of the diet, explains that on average people sleep for around 7-8 hours and spend the rest of the day in eating or other random activities. So cutting off eating for 16 hours is not impossible.
Why it works?
This diet is successful because you don’t have to keep a track on your calorie intake and it works as any other diet plan.
- Helps Digestion
In today’s modern times most of the people have 9 hours of sitting jobs and it’s very difficult for them to digest food properly. This is the reason why sometimes even a healthy weight plan doesn’t help you lose weight.
With the 8-hour diet your body has the maximum time to digest all of the food.
- Burns More Calories
Your calorie intake is restricted to only 8 hours a day, which means that the time between the last meal and breakfast is longer. This longer break helps the body burn all of the stored fat through a simple workout in the morning.
- Get Proper Rest
With the 16 hour gap, you’ll have more time to rest, stretch, relax and just feel healthy and lighter.
- Prevents Diseases and Aging
The energy inside the cells will be stimulated and this will help slow down the aging process and eliminate the risk of getting diabetes, heart diseases and cancer.
What to Eat?
- Drink a glass of green tea in the morning or any other detox drink.
- Next, you can make a banana or kale smoothie, with some wheat flakes and skimmed milk, or some boiled eggs are always a good choice.
- Before lunch, have a watermelon, a vegetable salad and some almonds.
- Lunch should contain a baked fish, and vegetables. Or low fat yogurt and tuna.
- After lunch you can have a dark chocolate cookie combined with an orange or apple.
- Your evening snack should be popcorn or nachos with a low-fat mayo.
- And for dinner you can have grilled vegetables with chicken, or a lentil soup with fruit custard, or even vegetable lasagna with cucumber juice.
Make sure your last meal/dinner is at 6 pm and then you go into the 16 hours of fasting. In the beginning it’s going to be difficult, but once your body gets used to it, it becomes your second nature. Make sure you do some physical activity after the 8 hour diet.