Most people use apple cider vinegar as a cooking ingredient, without knowing that its use goes far beyond culinary purposes. Namely, apple cider provides numerous health benefits, including its ability to prevent heart disease, relieve cold, aid in weight loss, and cure hiccups. Keep reading to find out what a single tablespoon of apple cider vinegar daily can do for your health.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Promotes Healthy Cholesterol
Besides supporting healthy cholesterol, it has been scientifically shown that apple cider vinegar prevents arterial damage or oxidation, which is the major risk of high cholesterol levels.
2. Promotes Healthy Blood Sugar
Due to its anti-glycemic properties, apple cider vinegar promotes a healthy blood sugar level. As a matter of fact, ACV blocks some of the digestion of starch, which in turn prevents it from raising the blood sugar.
3. Aids in Healthy Weight Loss
The acetic acid contained in apple cider vinegar helps to reduce water retention, boost your metabolism and suppress your appetite. In other words, ACV contains all the properties required for a healthy weight loss.
4. Helps Heartburn and Acid Reflux
Too little acid in the stomach results in acid reflux. Being abundant in antibiotic properties, apple cidervinegar has the ability to improve the acid content of your stomach. It is recommended to drink a tbsp of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar diluted with a glass of water.
5. Improves Nutrient Absorption
The acetic acid apple cider vinegar contains increases your body`s bioavailability of important minerals from the food you consume. Using vinegar as part of your salad dressing can help you get the most of the leafy greens.
6. Possesses Antioxidant Properties
Apple cider vinegar is abundant in antioxidants, including chlorogenic acids, caffeic acid, gallic acid, and catechin, all of which help your body run smoothly.
Additional Health Benefits
- It promotes healthy detoxification of the liver and other organs: It has been scientifically shownthat apple cider vinegar helps detoxify the liver, which in turn helps improve circulation. Another way in which it helps detox the body is by purifying the lymph nodes and breaking up mucus.
- It can help lower blood pressure: Mounting scientific evidence suggests that apple cider vinegar helps lower blood pressure levels, and thus lower the risk of heart disease. It is packed with potassium, which balances sodium levels and keeps the blood pressure within its optimal range. On the other hand, its magnesium content relaxes the blood vessels and also contributes to lowering blood pressure.
- ·It can help eliminate candida overgrowth: Apple cider vinegar is fermented with beneficial yeast which keeps the gut healthy, stimulating the growth of good bacteria and eliminating those that thrive on detrimental foods.
- ·It can help prevent osteoporosis: ACV plays critical role in the absorption of calcium, which in turn helps reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Always opt for organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar!
- If you decide to drink it on a daily basis, just mix two tbsp into a glass of water. Feel free to add some honey or lemon to add flavor.
- In case, you cannot drink it, don’t worry. You can find other ways to include it in your daily diet, such as adding it to your salads or other dishes.