Turmeric milk or golden milk is an ancient Ayurvedic remedy for sore throats. Locally called haldi doodh in India, this drink also has a lot of other health benefits. It is claimed that it may benefit arthritis, fight skin infections, disorders, and allergies, boost the immune system, induce better sleep, reduce the impact of injuries to liver tissues, relieve headaches and menstrual cramps, improve reproductive health, and help in weight loss.
This wonder drink is now being sold in hip cafes in the West and may even be seen with the name “turmeric latte”.
This recipe will give you a very simple and quick way to prepare turmeric milk. This drink, made with just 4 ingredients, will be ready in less than 5 minutes. Drink turmeric milk instead of taking synthetic supplements for better health and wellness.
- – 1 cup of milk
- – ½ tsp turmeric powder
- – ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- – ¼ tsp ghee
This recipe takes about 5 minutes to make. Serves 1.
- – Pour milk into a small saucepan.
- – Boil over medium heat.
- – Add turmeric and mix.
- – Add pepper and ghee.
- – Mix and simmer for 1 minute.
- – Turn off heat.
- – Pour milk into another saucepan then pour the milk back into the same saucepan where you cooked it.
- – Repeat this procedure 3 to 4 times to cool the milk down and make it frothy.
- – Pour the milk into a glass and serve.